The Greek Printmaker’s Association informs you about the programme of activities at theΕΚΤοΣ art space. The programme is presented below. Entry is free. Requires reservation of place by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Both the talks and workshops will be in Greek. Participation at your own risk.
Please inform us of the smooth running of the programme.
With the financial support and patronage of the Ministry of Culture
TIME FOR PRINTMAKING
Cycle of presentations and workshops
1. Michaelis Adamis (silk-screen artist) Saturday 23/09/2023, 12.00 midday. Presentation ‘The history of silk-screen printing’. Video screening on the theme of silk-screen printing. Discussion and informative session to follow.
2. Argyri Vasilakou (artist/printmaker) Friday 29/09/2023, 18.30 pm. Presentation of ‘The artist’s book’. Video screening, discussion and informative session. Saturday 30/09/2023, 12.00 midday. Creative workshop, stitching an artist’s book.
3.Panos Pristouris (artist/printmaker). Workshop: ‘Woodcut for adults’. Saturday 21/10/2023, 12.00 midday. (In case places are full the presentation will be repeated Saturday 4/11/2023, 12.00 -14.00 pm)
4. Dina Kostiou (Professor at Athens School of Fine Art) Saturday 18/11/2023 12.00 midday. Lecture ‘ The history of lithography’. Projection, informative session and discussion.
5. Vanta Mavroeidi (artist/printmaker) Saturday 2/12/2023, 12.00 midday. Presentation: ‘Transforming positive to negative’. Transformation using the technique of engraving cinematic film.
6.Sophie Papadopoulou (Assistant professor at Western Macedonia School of Fine Arts) Saturday 9/12/2023, 12.00 midday. Talk: ‘Printmaking and new technologies’.
7. Valentini Mavrodoglou (artist/printmaker) Saturday 16/12/2023, 12.00 midday. Workshop: ‘Lino print on fabric’. (adults and children)
8. Michaelis Arfaras (Professor at Athens School of Fine Art) Saturday 23/12/2023, 12.00 midday. Lecture: ‘ Engraving as a form of printed artwork. Presentation of original editions 1980 – 2023